GMDSS Endorsement certificate is a DG Shipping requirement for GMDSS Operators to operate GMDSS equipment on board. This certificate allows the GMDSS certificate holder to work on foreign-going ships. GMDSS Endorsement certificate to be revalidated every five years.
This post explains in detail the latest procedure for GMDSS Endorsement Renewal with step by step instructions.
Table of Contents
Documents Required for GMDSS Endorsement Renewal
Keep scanned copies of the following documents ready before proceeding with the application process on the DG Shipping website.
- Your latest Passport size (35mm x 35mm) photograph. (Format: JPG)
- Scan copy of your Signature. (Format: JPG)
- Scan copy of your Old GMDSS endorsement. (Format: PDF)
- Scan copy of your GOC booklet (all pages) with latest renewal page as one file. (Format: PDF)
- Scan copy of Sea-Service letter from your company for last one year. If you have more than one letter, scan them as one file. (Format: PDF)
- Self attested scan copy of your CDC pages showing relevent sea time enteries as one file. (Format: PDF)
- Self attested scan copy of Medical fitness certificate from DG approved doctor. (Format: PDF)
Procedure for GMDSS Endorsement Renewal
Use Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer browser for the smooth functioning of the DG Shipping website. Always update your Seafarer profile on the DG Shipping website before proceeding with any application process.
The GMDSS Endorsement Renewal process can be divided into three parts:
- Generate Online Application
- Fee Payment & Application Download
- Upload Application & Documents
Generate Online Application
STEP-1: Please login to your DG Shipping profile. Once logged in, click the link “DC Endorsement, GMDSS Radio Operator” on the home page.
STEP-2: Once the new page opens, click on the link “Application for GMDSS Radio Operator“.
STEP-3: Now the GMDSS application form will open with 5 tabs. As you see in the below pic, the first tab is “Personal Details“. Fill in all the fields carefully. Once completed do double-check the entries and click the continue button at the bottom.
STEP-4: The next tab is “Address“. Enter the correct address where you want your certificate to be delivered. Click the continue button to proceed to the next tab.
STEP-5: The third tab is “Sea Service Details“. Here you have to fill your Sea time for the ships mentioned in your Sea Service letter. Minimum one year of sea service required in the last five years. Click the continue button to proceed to the next tab.
STEP-6: This tab shows you the “Fees Details“. Here you cannot make payment. Only after the generation of the application number(i.e in the next step), the fee can be paid. Click the continue button to proceed to the final tab.
STEP-7: The final tab is “Attach Documents“. It will show you the list of documents to be attached. Tick the “I agree” in the declaration part and click on the “Generate Application No.” button.
STEP-8: Hurrah! You successfully generated an online application. Now you should see the screen with the success message “Your data has been successfully submitted”.
Fee Payment & Application Download
- As you see in the above pic, you can make payment now using the “Pay Now” link or using other section as explained below.
- Go to Home page. Now click on the “DC Endorsement, GMDSS Radio Operator” and in the next page, click the link “Pay CoC & CoP Fees, Upload Documents and View Status”.
- Now you should see the Application Status page as shown in the below pic. Click “Pay Now” link to make payment (if you done it before) and click “View” link to download your application.
- Now sign the downloaded application and scan it as one pdf file.
Upload Application & Documents
Now you can upload your scanned application and other documents using the “upload” link on the same page.
Congrats! You have successfully applied for the GMDSS Endorsement Renewal. It can take up to 7 working days for approval. You can check the status of your application on the Application Status page.
Hope this post helps you in the renewal of your GMDSS Endorsement. In case of any doubt or suggestions, let me know in the comment section below.